75% and Counting

The AP reports that Malcolm Glazer officially controls 75% on the Manchester United. The report continues:
"With 75 percent, Glazer can place his personal debt on United's books and take the club off the stock exchange and into private ownership. Manchester United has been listed on the stock exchange since 1991.

"The NFL, which usually frowns upon cross-ownership, isn't sure if its rules would prevent Glazer from owning a foreign club. The league's finance committee will discuss it during spring meetings in Washington next week."

It is possible that Glazer could attempt to buy up 90% of the Manchester Club, which would force the remaining 10% to sell of their share.

No comments: