2006-07-19

Where have you gone Mr. Tony?

Even with the World Cup this summer/offseason has felt like it has dragged on unnecessarily long. At first I though that had more to do with the NFL's desire to pander to the Television Networks and push the Super Bowl into February (thus pushing back the start of training camp) until the following realization hit me. I've been missing out on my regular Tony Kornheiser fix.

A year ago I could depend on daily Mr. Tony fixes through either his radio show, the Washington Post, and/or PTI. With clockwork like certainty I could listen to Mr. Tony rants on subjects as far ranging as the 'Skins bandwagon to cyclists on DC roads. And it was great.

This year, though, Mr. Tony has all but dissappeared. He went off the radio in March. He has not written for the Post since April (about the "Keith Hernandez/girls don't belong in the dugout" controversy). And now, I've been subjected to Dan LeBetard for the past couple weeks on PTI.

Consider this an open request to Mr. Tony, come back! I know you've been resting up (mentally and physically) for your Monday Night Football stint but sports fans need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

No comments: