2006-12-01

Proving it's never too eary to talk The Draft...

NFL Draft Countdown has released it mock draft and I'm not sure what's more perplexing, where they have the Bucs picking, or who they have them picking.

NFLDC has the Bucs picking LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell at #7. First off, I think the Bucs will end up with a top five pick. They have two winnable games on their schedule, and both are away games, at Cleveland and at Atlanta. There's a good chance they finish the season with 4 wins.

And as much as I like JaMarcus (and as much as I love saying his a name) the last thing the Bucs need is another quarterback. The Bucs haven't had a franchise quarterback since Steve Young left town, but they've still won a Super Bowl. This team needs defense first, second and third.

Correction: The Bucs play the Falcons at home, not away. I'm an idiot.

3 comments:

David Jenkins said...

I agree. I'd really like to see us use the bulk of our round 1-3 picks on our D.

Anonymous said...

There is no way we pick as low as seven without some trading down going on.

Anonymous said...

D we need some O Draft Ted Ginn Jr.
Or calvin johnson