2006-12-25

Whatya know, the Bucs won


Considering it's Christmas and the Bucs notched their first road win of the season I should probably be in a better mood. But Terrell Owens couldn't catch a football despite 25 million reasons to do so, Tomlinson picked this week not to score a touchdown (or 4) and I am robbed of the championship in fantasy football. But I guess that's what I get for drafting T.O.

Anyway, the Bucs picked up their fourth win in what could be the most boring game all season. As well as Rattay played (even if he didn't throw any touchdowns and yes I'm bitter because he was also on my fantasy team) it doesn't matter how Rattay performed. For better or for worse this is Chris Simms team next season. Gradkowski pretty much guaranteed that a month ago.

That being written I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Gruden drafted a quarterback on the first day in the offseason. Simms is only signed to a two year contract, and Troy Smith or JaMarcus Russell would make much better fits for Gruden's offense. I think the Bucs need to draft defense on the first day but I'm willing to listen to arguments they should draft a quarterback with their first pick. Simms seems like a stop gap until Gruden can find Rich Gannon, version 2.0.

But we can worry about that later. For now, merry Christmas to everyone and here's looking forward to one last hurrah from the A-Train next weekend.

No comments: