2005-08-19

"Every Blue Moon"

In an announcement that comes as a surprise only to those who have been living in a cave with their hands over their ears, Randy Moss has fessed up to smoking the reefer. In an interview with HBO, Moss says he smokes "every blue moon," which happens to be the same name of my favorite summer beer (I recommend adding a slice of orange to top it off).

Moss, apparently jealous of T.O. grabbing all the headlines lately, admitted that he has used marijuana since he has entered the NFL. When asked if he still smokes he replied:
"I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

So "have fun" is now slang for smoking the reefer? These crazy kids and their MTV, I never know what they're saying.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to the news but I don't imagine there is a lot they can do, since Moss has never tested positive for marijuana while he's been in the league. Moss was in Stage 1 of the league's substance abuse program, but that was because he spent a few days in jail after high school for a drug related offense. In fact, according to Moss's agent, Randy was tested a few days after the HBO interview was taped, July 20. Unless you are in the league's substance abuse program you only get tested during training camp, as opposed to steroids which the league tests for year round.

And by the way props to whom ever came up with ESPN.com's headline for this story, "Chronic Distraction? Moss admits marijuana use."

No comments: