2006-11-20

You Lose Some, You Win Some, You Lose Some You Win

Living outside of D.C. I don't get to catch many Bucs games anymore. I was down here in Tampa for Thanksgiving and ironically I was able to make it to the see the Bucs play the Redskins.

The game itself wasn't a barnburner, but the weather was gorgeous.

It must have been about 70 degrees and the skies were clear. I mean it. I looked around and there was exactly one cloud.

I have to say, I was amazed at how many Skins fans were there. Those Washington people travel well (heh). They weren't shy either they were rooting loud for their team, even when we the people around us heckled them.

Don't let the 20-17 score fool you. It really wasn't a close game. I don't remember being worried about losing anytime after the first quarter.

The good news is that I got plenty of time to play with my new camera. (Not
bad, eh?) Oh, and also that I finally got some decent fantasy points out of Cadillac.

The bad news (as the people in the stands near me pointed out repeatedly) is that this game was really about who got the better draft pick.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Ski said...

just imagine how confused sarah must be when she hears the bucs play the cowboys on thanksgiving...

Anonymous said...

Okay, I came for Thanksgiving, but I was here for two and a half weeks.

I'm not crazy.

I mean, not because of this.