2007-10-30

NFC South: Recap

CAROLINA: 4-3 (DIV) 2-1
TAMPA BAY: 4-4 (DIV) 2-0
NAWLEANS: 3-4 (DIV) 1-2
ATLANTA: 1-6 (DIV) 1-1

First off, I am awesome. I have been participating in a blogger picks league organized by the SportsFrog and after an 11-2 week I am tied for the lead with The Mirl, who if memory serves is a Ravens fan. So the way I see I might as well be on a Mission from God to beat the Fan of God's Linebacker. (Although my memory is almost always hazzy so take the above with a grain of salt.)

INDY 31, CAROLINA 7
It would be hypocritical to criticize the Panthers for getting humiliated by the Colts after something similar happened to the Bucs but I will do so anyway. The Panthers have yet to win a game at home and it is an absolut travashamockery that this team has a winning record. Sure they have lost Jake Delhomme for the season but Steve Smith's disappearance from this offense has been mystifying. For all his shortcomings at least Delhomme was skilled at getting the ball to Smith, something which Tesetverde and Carr have failed at.

NEW ORLEANS 31, SAN FRANCISCO 7
Sure the Saints have won three straight but I would hesitate to say they are back. It helps when only one of those teams has a winning record (Seattle). I will give New Orleans this, out of all the teams in the NFC South they have the most potential to challenge the Bucs for the division title. The offense has apparently gotten back on track but the defense is still a mess, and it will be interesting to see how they fair against Jacksonville this weekend.

No comments: